Volunteers Make All the Difference
We could not do what we do without our amazing volunteers! Together, we are feeding community!
Download a volunteer application
Help Us Get Food to Neighbors That Need It
Every day Second Harvest Food Bank moves 37 tons of food through our warehouses and out to where it is needed most--but not before it has been carefully inspected to be sure all food items are safe to eat. That's where our volunteers come in. We welcome individuals and groups every weekday. You can sign up using the links below.
November Weekday Volunteer Activities
December Weekday Volunteer Activities
January Weekday Volunteer Activities
February Weekday Volunteer Activities
Can't get away on weekdays? We get it. That's why we also host volunteer activities on selected Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. You can sign up here.
Other Opportunities to Help Out:
GOOD TO KNOW
- Warehouse Volunteer Hours: 9 .am. - 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- We can accomodate a maximum of 60 volunteers at one time in our warehouse.
- Office Volunteers Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Warehouse Safety Guidelines:
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old
- Youth ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult. (For youth groups, we require 1 adult for every 5 youth aged 12 to 15 years.) groups must have a one adult per five youth.
- All volunteers are required to complete and application and Liability Waiver: Download and complete a volunteer application. (Volunteer forms for youth under age 18 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.)
- The use of headphones, ear buds, etc.
is not permitted in the distribution center.
- Volunteer opportunites at the Betty and Jim Holmes Food Bank Community Garden are coordinated directly by the volunteer leaders of this special initiative. For more information, visit their website.
Have Questions About Volunteering? Contact Tammy DeCicco, our awesome Volunteer Coordinator! Email Tammy here or call her at 336.784-5770.