Volunteers Make All the Difference
We could not do what we do without our amazing volunteers!. Whether you're on your own or part of a group, have two hours a month to give or two hours each week, we welcome your support! Together, we are feeding community!
Download a volunteer application
Below is a quick view of some of the ways volunteers support our mission throughout the year.You can download a more detailed menu here, and of course we're happy to answer any questions you may have. For more information, contact Kit Broadhurst at 336.784.5770 or Email her.
Good Things to Know
- Kit Broadhurst is ready and eager to schedule you or your group for available time slot. Email her or call (336) 784-5770.
- All volunteers are required to complete and application and Liability Waiver: Download and complete a volunteer application
- Warehouse Volunteer Hours: 9 .am. - 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- We can accomodate a maximum of 60 volunteers at one time in our warehouse.
- Office Volunteers Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Volunteer opportunites at the Betty and Jim Holmes Food Bank Community Garden are coordinated directly by the volunteer leaders of this special initiative. For more information, visit their website.
The following policies are in place to ensure volunteer safety in our warehouse:
- All volunteers must wear shoes with closed toes (no sandals, flip flops, etc.)
- Youth must be at least 12 years old to volunteer with Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC.
- Individuals 12-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Youth groups must have a minimum of two adults and a ratio of one adult per five youth.
- The use of headphones, ear buds, etc.
is not permitted in the distribution center.
For more information, contact Kit Broadhurst at (336) 784-5770.