Have an idea for an event or effort to support Second Harvest ? Contact Chelsey Wilson, Events Manager, to discuss your plans.
Getting ready to organize a food drive? Start with a visit to our Food Drive page.
Second Harvest Food Bank's Providence Restaurant
Providence is the perfect retreat for a lunch away from work or a special dinner with family or friends, a place where you can satisfy your hunger and support a worthy mission.
Visit us at Providencerestaurantws.com to make your resrvations for
upcoming special celebrations!
March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Dinner
April 16 – Easter Day Brunch
May 14 – Mother’s Day Brunch
Now Through March 10, 2017
Now through March 7, Harris Teeter and North Carolina's Big Four collegiate rivals are joining forces and feeding community together. Here's how you can join in: -
Easy Ways to Participate:
1. Give Food: Check out list of Best Foods to Donate.
- Bring your donation to the Feb. 4 Basketball Game (WFU vs. Georgia Tech at LJVM Coliseum) OR
- Donate a few, nutritious items the next time you are shopping at your local Harris Teeter store:
2. Give Funds: With every gift of $1 we can provide 7 meals!
- Choose your favorite school and make a donation onlineto support you local Feeding America food bank here.
- Text the word FEEDNC to 20222 to make a one-time, $5 donation. (Message and Data Rates May Apply.)
Legal Feeding Frenzy 2017 - March
The Office of the Attorney General, The Young Lawyers Division of The North Carolina Bar Association, and the North Carolina Association of Food Banks have joined efforts to create the North Carolina Legal Feeding Frenzy—a food and fund drive competition among all North Carolina law firms and organizations to assist North Carolina’s Feeding America Food Banks, including Second Harvest.
Last year, 20 Northwest North Carolina legal firms helped to provide 179,000 meals to families across our region. This incredible generosity had a significant impact and we hope to build off of that success this spring! Here's how it works:
- Register your firm here.
- Set up your online fundraising page here.
- Contact Second Harvest Food Bank here to get your food donation bins.
- Promote the food drive and online funds drive using the hashtags #LFF2017 and #feedingcommunity
- Be sure to tag Second Harvest Food Bank using the social accounts below.
- Make sure to drop off all donations before noon on March 31st to ensure your weight and dollars count towards your team’s total.
- Win awards! The winners of each category, described here, will be announced at the awards ceremony on April 24 at 1 pm at the Bar Center, 8000 Weston Pkwy Cary, NC 27513.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Benton Convention Center | 301 West Fifth Street | Downtown Winston-Salem
$25 in Advance (through 5 p.m. on April 26); $35 at the door. More
More ways to make a difference for local families all year long >>>